Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Internship!

I am officially employed full-time for the next 11 months!

Yesterday, I accepted a job offer for an 8-month internship at the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care. I am currently on my 16-month co-op term, so I will not be taking any classes until Fall 2012.

I had a phone interview with them almost 3 weeks ago (my first interview of the term too). This is kind of unfortunate, I hate phone interviews. I always feel more comfortable with face-to-face interviews because I get to meet the people and see the environment I will be working in.
I have a friend from class who works there right now though, and he is enjoying it. He said they give him time to learn and understand what he needs, everyone gets dual screen and there's other co-op students working there. No free coffee though :( That's a real minus.

I do not know exactly what I will be working on while there. There are various projects I could be assigned to and I'm expected to work with a few technologies. I could also be moved to different projects depending on project progress and completion. They said the work is mainly done in C#, Java and SQL. The key is that I will be exposed to a full software development life-cycle. Should be a great experience.

So I will be working here at Centre for Learning Education until end of August, and then move over to the Ministry of Health from September 2011 to April 2012.
Looks like I do not have to look for a job for quite a bit. :)

11 months! Crazy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment